Last night I had one of THE most amazing dining experiences and I couldn’t write this post fast enough to tell you about it!
YAFO Kitchen, located in SouthPark by the Barnes & Noble is top notch one of the most happening places to eat in South Charlotte right now – no, wait, in ALL of Charlotte in my humble opinion 🙂 A blend of Mediterranean and Middle-Eastern flavors, it’s just SO delicious! It’s perfect for girl’s night (which is why I went) or date night or to see just one of the best Carolina Panthers players of all time Greg Olsen…..that’s right – he and his family sat right behind us! If Greg Olsen eats here, then YOU have to eat here!
OK, a few things to note about YAFO Kitchen worthy of mentioning:
- It’s a restaurant however you still order in line Chipotle-style but fast doesn’t have to mean unhealthy and with the ingredients they use and how it’s prepared, the taste is definitely not compromised. They are a true believer that ‘fast can still be homemade and a thoughtfully crafted dish can still be a good value’ and they ‘believe complex flavors should originate from simple ingredients’. I LOVE this about them!
- You have so many options…SO MANY. From bowls to wraps, to just sides, and the desserts…mwuah! I ordered the Build Your Own Bowl (see picture above) and for $8.99 let me tell you, it was enough food for two, but don’t judge me if I told you I ate all of it – it was just too good! I digress. So, I started with the Cumin Jasmine Rice. Then you pick your spread and I picked Tzatziki and here is where the fun begins. You can start going down the line, picking from all of the colorful toppings to add to your bowl and I just love how they place them all around the plate – it looks like art! So I went with Cucumber, Purple Cabbage Slaw (YUM!), Kalamata Olives, Chickpeas and Beets. Next comes the protein. I went with the Falafel with some Tahini sauce drizzled on top just for good measure 🙂 Voila! The bowl is complete and not one bit disappointing.
- If you have dietary restrictions this place is totally for you. A lot of the menu items are Vegan and/or Gluten Free so it’s a safe zone for most!
- They offer inside and outside seating…perfect for Fall nights right now.
- The service was amazing, even for such a busy night and a celebrity dining in-house. Both the manager and the Chef separately stopped by to ask how everything was, if they could get us anything, even asked for feedback on what they could do better. Quite frankly, all 5 stars here! All of the service staff were very nice and helpful so high fives all around!
- I would say the only negative, which is not really a negative just a side note rather, is the parking. We went at peak time on a Wednesday evening right after work so parking was a little bit of a challenge, especially since most of the spaces close-by to the restaurant were reserved for the condo units above all of the retail. Didn’t have to walk too far (which could be a good thing after all that food it was good to walk off the food coma!) but a spot up close could be hard to come by during peak times. Totally worth the walk!
I can’t say it enough, I am going to go back. I wouldn’t be surprised if I ate here once a week! Plus there are so many options it could take me a while to get to all of them.
Challenge ACCEPTED! 🙂
720 Gov Morrison St.
Charlotte, NC 28211