Most people dread the thought of moving, yet those same people love it when they move.
Why? Most likely it’s emotional attachment and nostalgia for a beloved home. It’s understandable but yet a home that just doesn’t fit your needs any longer can make even the most loved home uncomfortable.
Are you wondering if it’s time to move? Here are 6 telltale signs that you should consider putting the “for sale” sign up in your front yard.
1. Your Home is Too Small – One of the most common signs is that you’ve outgrown your home. Cramming things into already packed storage closets, buying an endless supply of storage containers to “organize”, stacking as many shoes as you can in the closet. We’ve been there and it is not a pretty sight!
2. Your Home is Too Large – Life happens. Maybe you bought the perfect house for your family and pets. Maybe you bought the house of your dreams to live alone in peace. There comes a time that your life changes. Whether it’s because you have become an empty nester or because you are living in a “larger than you need” house, it might be time to downsize to something more “homey”. Who wants to deal with the maintenance of a large home anyways? Less time spent cleaning can mean more time to travel!
3. Your Home is Too Expensive – Are you spending all of your hard earned extra cash making repairs or do
you want major upgrades to suit your lifestyle? It happens all the time! When the house you are living in starts to suck up every one of your paychecks, it might be time to consider a change. Who says you can’t find a similar home with a cheaper price tag? Get back to using your money to buy what you really want.
4. The Neighborhood is Losing Value – Neighborhoods do change over time, if yours is declining consider a move. We have all driven past “that house”, the one that makes you say, “how are they allowed to do that?”. You know, the one with a sofa in the middle of the front yard, or the one with hundreds of rather odd sculptures (if that’s what you want to call them) hanging from trees and lining the driveway. If this is your neighbor and your NOT living in the Arts District in NoDa, you might want your real estate agent to get you out of there.
5. Changing the Weather – Have you finally had enough of shoveling snow? A move to a warmer state could be the right move. Talk to local agents and take a trip to areas that you are interested. There’s nothing wrong with taking several trips for “research” purposes! Charlotte’s weather forecast for the next ten days will be averaging in the 60s, HINT HINT.
6. Change is Good – The last great reason to move is to simply try something new. Sometimes we need a fresh start. Whether you are in need of a different style or location or your current home isn’t making you happy any longer, it’s time to move.
We are experts in buying, selling, and relocating people everyday. Real estate is our passion and we help people solve these issues everyday. We work with qualified vendors to help make every step of the process easy and fun. We really love what we do and want to earn your respect and trust. We’d be more than happy to talk with you today and help you find the home you want. Give us a call today, 704.942.6316.